|—-||State of Kuwait Graduate Award in Islamic Studies/Muslim Societies 2020
Graduate students in the Faculty of Arts whose research projects are focused on socio-cultural, historical, religious and/or political issues in the Muslim contexts are encouraged to apply.
* Value: $8500 for each graduate student.
* Deadline: Students should check with their departments for internal deadlines. The deadline for the Graduate Scholarship Committee is April 1, 2020.
* Eligibility: Awarded annually to a student registered full-time in the first through fifth year of a PhD program in the Faculty of Arts whose research focuses on Muslim/Islamic Studies. Awarded annually to a student registered full-time in the first or second year of a Master’s degree program in the Faculty of Arts whose research focuses on Muslim/Islamic Studies.
* Application: Graduate students need to submit their applications to their departments. A complete application package consists of:
1- A letter of application by the student describing the student’s work:
2- A transcript of the academic record (downloaded/scanned copies are acceptable):
3- Three letters of recommendation.
* Process: A Graduate Scholarship Committee chaired by the ECMC Chair in Islamic Studies will finalize a nomination list. Final award decision lies with the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR).
Department should send their complete packages of eligible student applications to:
Professor Mojtaba Mahdavi