State of Kuwait Graduate Award in Islamic Studies
Graduate students in the Faculty of Arts whose research projects are focused on socio-cultural, historical, religious and/or political issues in the Muslim context are encouraged to apply.
* Value: $6000 for each graduate student
* Deadline: Students should check with their departments for internal deadlines. The deadline for the Graduate Scholarship Committee is April 1, 2019.
* Eligibility: Awarded annually to a student registered full-time in the first through fifth year of a PhD program in the Faculty of Arts whose research focuses on Muslim/Islamic Studies.
* Application: Graduate students need to submit their applications to their departments. A complete application package consists of:
1- A letter of application by the student describing the student’s work:
• A maximum of 500-word application letter describing the student’s research project and its relevance to Islamic Studies and/or Muslim Societies, indicating how the scholarship will further that research
2- A transcript of the academic record (downloaded/scanned copies are acceptable):
• PhD and MA transcripts for PhD students
3- Three letters of recommendations.
* Process: A Graduate Scholarship Committee chaired by the ECMC Chair in Islamic Studies will finalize a nomination list. Final award decision lies with the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR).
Department should send their complete packages of eligible student applications to:
Professor Mojtaba Mahdavi